Monday, September 29, 2008

What the fuck is going to happen to all of us??

Yeah, so I just heard about the whole financial bailout being voted down (god bless america), and the subsequent stock market crash (which is not good for this temporary ease in the $ to € exchange rate). So if any of you read my note on facebook about the alien invasion, it must have been a kind of premonition or something. I'm just glad I have you, dear internet to keep me company in these dark times ahead.

But I'm not really down about the economy- I've been bracing myself for a diet of flavourless noodles and müslix for almost two weeks now.. I'm easing into it you might say. I'm just bored- or at least afraid of an impending boredom that may or may not arrive. The charm of the whole exchange experience is beginning to wear thin- and the BFFs bullshit that is mistaken for the almost-acquaintedness of all of us involved- though endearing and sometimes comforting- is not much of a crutch if you don't have good friends to talk to. I guess I am somewhat lucky to have some close friends, but I suppose I am also saying that I have started to really miss my friends (and select members of my family) and when I might have said that I'd never get homesick here, I was just being naïve.

Booooorrrringggg!!

Entshuldigen. I've been having Schlafstundes lately during the day and its fucking up my sleeping- so here I am late at night with nothing better to do than make frivolous blog posts. I don't even really have any good internet fodder to offer cz all I ever do is read the online version of the NYtimes and listen to CSPAN on iTunes. I don't know... I have this urge to take a long hot bath (no can do) or watch movies all day in bed (no tv, no vcr, no university library card to take out movies) or make mixed drinks with robutussin and hang out on the balcony in the sun listening to Kaki King.

Oh yeah, that's what I was going to post about: I'm not sure whether or not this is like, a guilty pleasure or not (what is there that I can't find some reason to feel guilty about?) but I think I like Kaki King. It may be her handsome, boyish features or that slow, jammy noodling that reminds me of a time when I had easier access to drugs, but I think I could watch her hang out in a basement with a drum kit, a guitar (or lapsteel) and a bank of pedals just making music all day long. The problem is that I imagine meeting a really annoying hippy chick who I have nothing in common with and am hating talking to, but for some reason or another we get on the topic of Kaki King and I just can't bring myself to lie and say I don't like her music. And then I'm stuck there with this stupid chick having to listen to her inane blathering about why we both like Kaki King. Bitch, just shutup! I don't want to come over and watch lofi acoustic versions on youtube, I didn't even want to admit liking her to someone I hardly know so just go away already and stop ruining it for me! Thanks to you I probably won't even like her by the time I write my next post! Fuckk.



No comments: