Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fishwich mania



This is not my official food post, but I wanted to post this pic of the fishwich place we keep eating at because we are addicted to it:

It's called 'Nordsee' and you can get amazing fish baguettes, smoked salmon wraps and herring sandwiches for pretty cheap- especially for being in the Altstadt (old city- the touristy area near all the boutiques and sights). Yeah so, for all you fashion freaks I am like a ten minute walk from countless boutiques like Lacoste, DnG, and places that showcase Gucci and Armani and what-have-you. Not that its really my thing, but it's neat to pass by all these windows in the morning if I go to catch the bus up at the Bahnhof.

Also, we've been eating a shitload of really good donär, which is a little pricey near the Altstadt, but outside town you can get a real good one in fresh-baked focaccia for 3€. Usually I'm too famished to remember, but I will take pictures of the next one.

Yesterday we bought a bottle of 2.49€ champagne and some bottles of orange juice and drank mimosas on the curb outside the mall. I'm not sure what you call the median between trashy and decadent, but Roy said he felt like we were royalty in exile. He also almost broke through the windows of the H&M when the plastic cork went off like a cannon right out front of the mall entrance.

It was cool and rainy today, but we still needed to get out so we went and hung out in Altstadt. People are so fucking rude sometimes, they will be walking along, totally not looking where they are going, and then they get close to you and say 'entschuldigen' like somehow you were supposed to get out of their way. So today we started being real cocky (after some street-jäger) and saying 'entschuldigen' to all sorts of dazed out old german tourist people as we passed. Sometimes you have to make your own fun. Also- Camel 'Essential Flavor' cigarettes- amaye-zing. Finally I found a pack of smokes that lives up to my fantasies of what I wanted european cigarettes to be. Soooo good. But will have to rotate between them and maybe Davidoffs cz they are 20 cents more. 

Ok so, here are some random pics also- Roy and Yael not taking pictures of the historic monuments, cool font from fashion store, "Free Willy jeanswear", my friend Tal and american friend Jordan from Long Island after drinking at the beach bar on the banks of the Rhine near my building (Tal cut off all his hair and is going for the 'Jewish Skinhead' look), Eis (creme), and some dude from a zombie biker gang.







No comments: