Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Berlin Pixz

Ok so I turned my cammerfone off for the flight from Berlin to Stockholm so I couldn't get any pics while I was there.. (shitty, I know) but here are a few from Berlin- the drive there, the arrival, misc, and some pics of KaDeWe- the giant department store where we ate a f***ing amaye-zing blue-camembert cheese sandwich that still gives me a gastronomical hardon every time i think about it.

The graffiti is something that looks like a Banksy but probably isn't, and a Banana Man stencil which also may or may not be authentic- but WTF, why not? Also included are some pics I (illegally- ooh!) took at the Levis store for my friend Roy, who wanted to write an article about the 'grunge comeback'- even though I tried to argue that in most places where I come from grunge never really left.. Also shown: the Sony Center, the Czech Embassy (which Matt referred to as "Soviet architecture from the future"), the Berlin Wall (floor-plaque), a chocolate liberty bell, Roy shaving in an airport bathroom, Yael and I at the Pergamon museum on some ancient (stolen- as my ironically postcolonially-minded Israeli friends constantly pointed out) stone steps, and Roy 'hanging out' on the hostel room floor after only half a bottle of champagne... bla bla bla

Ok and there are a couple pics in there from the Konstanz Oktoberfest- in which my Danish friend Jeppe (pictured with sunglasses on head) and I snuck into the VIP section up on a balcony, stole a 3/4 full maß beer that was sitting unattended and ate pieces of ham dipped in gravy (which was all that was left of the buffet). And pic of the worst meal I ever had at the Uni Mensa.

Ok.. l8r.

Oh wait! And some pics of Yael and my friend Katya (Russian) playing with hemp that was growing in the Black Forest historical museum site place. And of my friend Jordan from Long Island. I think that's it.




















No comments: